HOW CAN WE HELP?  888.994.6229
Contact | Call | Email

Clermont Modifications Attorney

law 3

A divorce decree is not a set of suggestions. It is a court order that must be adhered to. Parents may only deviate from its instructions by permission, by filing a motion to modify the final judgment, or other court orders.

Lake County Time Sharing Lawyers

Modifications to decrees are sought frequently in these key areas:

  • Settlement agreements
  • Parenting plans
  • Time sharing agreements
  • Relocation issues
  • Child support orders
  • Spousal support/alimony agreements

Attorney Modifying Visitation Rights 

The law in each of these areas is complex, and no two situations are quite the same. Many modifications are made amicably. Both sides accept that the orders need changing. When both sides do not agree, the modification must be litigated. Some motions for modification are filed because of fraud in the original negotiation. Some are filed because one parent is behaving in an abusive way or is having serious addiction or mental health problems.

All these situations require the input of an experienced modification and enforcement lawyer, because the court will not accept a plan that is unclear, unbalanced, contradictory or coerced, and it will not permit a child to stay in an unsafe situation.

In cases of dispute between the two parties, mediation will be ordered prior to scheduling a trial.

Clermont Decree Enforcement Lawyer

If one party is not fulfilling his or her duties under the decree, the other party can petition the court for an injunction or a ruling of contempt of court, to ensure that the other party is in compliance with court orders.

When changes must be made to divorce decrees and court orders, contact Clermont modifications lawyer Ryan Hobby toll free at 888-99-HOBBY (888-994-6229).